Wednesday, May 12, 2010

On the Worktable ~ Picking Treasures

I got in a mood this afternoon and grabbed the camera and started snapping pics of what was happening in my workroom at that moment...no editing to make things look pretty. ;-)  Here is what I found through the lens.

Thinking out loud  in fabric

Little pink houses...for you and me
(think John Cougar Melloncamp)
OK they're not all pink but the song is stuck in my head
Paint, glaze and destination unknown...but I'll figure it out
The two on the right are prototypes of the unfinished ones soon to be in the shop

Close up of the two chunky pink houses that I can't put in the shop
because they're so heavy to ship at a decent price.
So when they're done off to Shabby Cottage at the Corner Nest.

Textured this one before aging


Gail finally decided on the fabric so when I grow up I want to be a pretty chair and go live
at Shabby Cottage  in the Corner Nest.

Hand painted train case I did and finally after all these years I can let go.
Off to Shabby Cottage at Corner Nest.


Liz was up for a few days this past weekend and we went "picking"!  Yes, we're fans of American Pickers!  So now our treasure hunting we're playfully referring to as picking.  What fun.  Here are a few of my "picking" treasures.  We went up to Damascus VA, about 45 minutes away, where they were having a Town Yard Sale in conjunction with their Trail Days (Appalachian that is) Celebration.  I didn't spend over a dollar for anything!  Now that's MY kind of bargain! 

Vintage threads and yarns


Look at those prices!  Cute them up and off to the Shabby Cottage!


3 sets of handmade frames...getting out the paint!
Whether they will be a project or go to the Shabby Cottage is up in the air.
  Maybe both!

My dollar vintage frame. 
This baby is headed for a makeover and my kitchen!


An oak jewelry box.  Not to pretty now (I confess not an oak fan here)
but she's also due for a makeover and off to Shabby Cottage.

So that's what happening in the way of workroom projects on my agenda.
Now I better get in there and go to work!
Hope everyone is enjoying their week!


post signature

4 comments:

ArtSnark said...

wonderful in progress shots!

slommler said...

I love those houses!! And your vintage finds are awesome. Isn't it good to be about doing art? I love it!
I have been busy in my studio as well.
Hugs
SueAnn

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

Love those houses- can't wait to see their transformation, and I have to admit that I'm a gal from Mellencamp days of old.....;)
Thanks for sharing your workspace- I LOVE seeing what other folks have in progress!

Melody said...

Wow! You've been busy and what great picks!