Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Inspiration


We have some new flowers and velvet leaves at the Cottage!  When they arrived, and as I opened packages, my muse kept nudging me..."Oh keep a package of these for you" she said.  But the problem was that she said that of every package I opened!  Inspiration can come from so many places!  These got my inspiration firing pins primed as flowers so often do.

One of our Shabby Cottage Studio customers, Kathleen Holley, was inspired by two of our collage sheets, Asian Potpourri and Fairy World to create some digital loveliness.  Kathleen was gracious enough to share her images with us!




I"ve had my own inspiration cooking lately and created some new designs for the stores.  Three large format images, Couture, French Tea Time, Eiffel Tower and a new paper called Marie.  The new large format images have proven very popular and the imaginative uses are endless.


I've also been creating in 3D.  I started these gift bags for Shabby Cottage at the Corner Nest and the first batch sold almost completely out so I had to make some more.  I've been asked and so I am thinking also about selling them online.  They come with the tissue paper and a gift tag...all someone has to do is add the gift! :-)


I hope everyone has wonderful plans for the July 4th holiday.  We are headed to Raleigh to spend time with Liz and Rick and do what we all do best, laugh, eat good food, shop and simply enjoy being together.  I wish the same happiness for you!  See you next week!
post signature

6 comments:

NANCY LEFKO said...

Lovely stuff, as always, Gail :) have a great weekend...sounds like fun!

Pam Kellogg said...

Oh Gail, those flowers are gorgeous!!! I can see them on my crazy quilts! Just beautiful!

Yes, I can see where the urge to keep some for yourself would be there. I'd have a hard time parting with them too!

Lynn Stevens said...

Those bags are Gorgeous!!!

slommler said...

Love those gift bags! What a great idea and I can see why they almost sold out!!
Beautiful!
Have a happy 4th!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Deb Neerman said...

WoW, you've been busy! I LOVE your blog and these beautiful gift bags!! Hope all is well with you ... sending hugs!

Lorraine @ creativedaily said...

Just popped in to say Happy 4th Gail! Hope you are enjoying some bbq!