Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Little Trash to Treasure

I thought I'd share a couple things I've been working on lately that are finally done.  My worktables are full of new projects now.  I really need to get pictures but I feel lately I've been working at a bit of a frantic pace and the pictures seem to get forgotten as I move from one project to the next. 

I just did a major redo of the Shabby Cottage booth at the Corner Nest antique mall.  I know, I know, we just moved in in April, but the move in was quick and dirty just to get in there.  I was not satisfied with it, thus you have not seen any more pictures since the first few.  But wait, next week I should have some for you.  :-)  And boy am I happy with the booth set up now.  And may I say it involves a tent, sheer fabric, lace and rags. Yes, rags.  And of course I need more stock, which brings me round robin, back to the pace I've been working at lately.  Between getting the booth redone, treasure hunting, and creating stock or re-creating stock, I've been feeling a bit like a need for a clone...or two or three.

Here is the chair I finally finished and put in the booth yesterday.  I kind of like it.




And here is a tired little shelf that I gave new life to. 

With a bit of paint and glaze and a couple metal pieces I hope it is less tired now.

And just for the heck of it Miss Gracie in her favorite position...on a shoulder, always with one paw thrown over, because she thinks it makes her look cool.

 We got up EARLY this morning and went picking before the heat got too bad.  I'm here to tell you...I am not an early bird.  But I'm game when it comes to picking treasure!  I'll try and get some pictures of what I found.  ;-)
I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!

post signature

7 comments:

Nita Jo said...

Gorgeous chair, and I can't believe the difference in that shelf. I have a couple like that and you've inspired me to try and improve them. Love your Miss Gracie. My Tippy used to throw one paw over my shoulder just like that. She was a great little lady!

slommler said...

Good morning Miss Gail! I love love love the chair and that little shelf is fabulous. Love the color!!
And kitty is definitely a style maker. How adorable is that?
Can't wait to see your booth...it sounds divine!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Gypsy Purple said...

Loved that chair!!

LuLu Kellogg said...

I love the chair Gail...just beautimous!

Sweet Kittie...I love that little face :)

LuLu♥

Marilyn said...

Love the chair & shelf & Miss Gracie just steals my heart!!
Have a Wonderful Day!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Trishia said...

Oh, Miss Gracie is cool:)! And I'll echo everyone else-- LUV that chair!

Martha Lever said...

LOVE that chair, Gail! And I am looking forward to seeing pictures of the booth.