Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Before and Afters

You may remember this chair I got earlier this summer.  I think it is a nice old chair with charm and character.  What you can't see in the photo is the heavy varnish finish that over time has bubbled and cracked.  But not in a nice way.  So it needed a transformation before carting it off to the Corner Nest.
Mr Shabby sanded the heck out of it for me to remove the old finish before painting it my favorite creamy white.  And then I did my thing last night.

What do you think?  Better?

I can't seem to help myself.  See a chair?  Skirt it.

While I was out snapping these images in front of my giant PeeGee Hydrangea bush I took a few other snaps.



The bees were busy working all over this bush.



I thought this close up turned out nice.  But I had some actions in my Photoshop Elements I wanted to play with. So this is the before.


I settled on Ethereal Glow.  Isn't that a pretty after!

I hope everyone is having a fabulous Tuesday!  It is overcast here in the mountains and wonderfully comfortable after our torrid summer temperatures.  You definitely get that, Fall is on it's way, feel.

post signature

13 comments:

Bevie said...

Oh Gail I love what you did to the chair...it's much better, I love it!!! You go girl!! Also love your blog....(((hugs)))

http://dreamsofpurelove.blogspot.com

sistersoftheart said...

Hi Gail!
Love the chair and that hydrangea with the bee is a painting waiting to happen!
Love them both! Patte

Donna said...

I just adore your chair makeover! The skirt is so adorable! I would never have thought to do that! And I have hyrangea envy, they are gorgeous!

Dorthe said...

Hi dear Gail,

Your chair turned out so beautifull, would not think those were the same chairs,I love the skirt.
And your hydrangeas in white ,so dreamy and sweet, -
Wish you a happy wednesday, swet.
Hugs, Dorthe

slommler said...

Wow! The chair is fabulous!! And the pics of the hydrangeas are gorgeous. Love the photoshopped one!! Very cool!!
Hugs
SUeAnn

Sharon said...

The chair is wonderous now. And the before and after of the hydrangea....well they are both beautiful.

Martha Lever said...

Oh my goodness, Gail!! The chair is to die for!!! Now I want to find one and do that! I'll be on the lookout. I love the picture of the bee on the hydrangea. oxox

Lynn said...

Hi Gail, it's been a while. I am going to put your blog in my side bar so I don't lose you again :)

I love the chair, and lucky you that your hubby did all the sanding. I have two chairs ready for sanding and I just can't get started LOL

I also love the photos... wow, just gorgeous, especially like the glow you used in PS, I must remember to try that :)

Feels cooler here today too and it's about time :)

Lynn said...

Just looked at your photo again Gail and you say you had some "actions" to try out? What are actions? I thought maybe it was a filter.

In the Light of the Moon said...

I love love love what you did to that chair.So warm and inviting!!And you images are beautiful!!Warmest Regards,Cat

Melody said...

Wow Gail...I haven't been by in several days...and look what you did! The Chair and stool turned out great! The lace and dyed textiles are gorgeous.

Creative Style said...

Love your blog! Your a very creative person, I really like the chair.

Holly Knott said...

I love the way the "ethereal glow" changed that photo. I have "regular" Photoshop so am not sure that action would work for me but I'll have to go Google it. Love your blog and Minny looks very similar to a feral-born-now-semi-tame black/white cat that we care for named (not original) Little Black. :-)