Tuesday, August 3, 2010

From the Worktable

I'm in the middle of a mess

a BIG mess
You see, I'm taking an online class over at Madness and Mess with Carole Brungar aka KiwiCarole (as in hails from New Zealand).  So my worktable fits in quite nicely with Carole's blog title don't you think?


I have been having so much fun!  One reason I like to take a class is it gives me focus when I'm feeling somewhat scattered and unfocused as I have been this summer.  And Carole's class gives me time to play with all my bits and scraps of fabrics and lace.

Althoug it is still a WIP I thought I would show you a few of my finished signature pages as they sit on my worktable waiting to become a journal.

a pocket waiting for tags I still have to create



ready for some journaling

room for more journaling

So that's what is on my worktable now. 
 Here are some pictures of what previously came off the worktable.

Another transformed cigar box.  Who doesn't love boxes?!



I've also been having fun with creating my own handmade flowers for embellishing
Oh, and those velvety leaves?
....from the store :-) ...aren't they gogeous!


Now I woudn't want to leave Mr. Shabby out of the picture because that man has been working hard at his own worktable...the kitchen table that is!


This is what is left of the BIG basket of peaches after he put up a dozen jars of peach jam.

And these babies came fresh from the garden.  Some were magically transformed into jars of salsa,
and right now as I write, he is back in the kitchen cooking up the rest in pasta sauce that will also be put up for the winter.  Perfect for quick meal nights.  Gotta love a man in the kitchen! :-)

That's what's been happening around this shabby cottage lately.  What have YOU been up to?

post signature

9 comments:

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Hi Gail
Beautiful journal pages, as I knew they would be from YOU.
It was lovely to see you pop up in Carole's class!

Did Mr Shabby make the peach jam too?? What an asset he is in the house!
All his wonderful DIY and now we're hearing he has culinary skills as well - you know how to pick then Gail!!!

Take care
Shane

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Shane Mr Shabby DID make the peach jam. :-) Too bad I don't eat it! LOL But I'll definitely be partaking of the salsa and the pasta sauce.

Bunty said...

I bet my worktable is messier than your's!!! Your's looks quite neat in comparison! Love all the lace on it.

Your pages are beautiful - I love them, especially the double spread with the blue floral stamped pattern - delightful.

Hugs,

Barbara

Linda M. said...

Gail,

The journal is gorgeous! The cigar boxes are very pretty. I do have a thing for boxes too. As for the peaches and tomatoes...YUM! By the way that mess is the prettiest mess I've ever seen.

Linda

Dorthe said...

Dear Gail, thanks for your sweet wishes,on my new shop.

I love your messy table,it looks so wonderfull,to me,-and what you created from all that is beautifull. The box and the beautifull pages, love it all Gail.
Hugs, Dorthe

Val said...

WOW Gail! First time visit - definitely won't be the last! Your Journal is just yummy ......!

Diane said...

Gail, I'm loving the shabby flowers!
Beautiful! I haven't mastered that technique yet. Love all the laces you've used.
Hugs, Diane

Lovey said...

Loving your work table Gail!! Cigar box is awesome too!

Hands to Work, Hearts to God said...

Wonderful! I love it all! Patsy from
HeARTworks