Wednesday, August 18, 2010

From the Worktable


I have this stool Mr Shabby made.  The lid is removeable for storage.
Nice.  Functional. We put it down at the Corner Nest. 
Yet everytime I walked into the space and looked at it
my "boooor-ING" antennae would wave like the feelers of a frantic insect.

So I brought it home, put it up on the worktable and started thinking. In fabric.
I grabbed a piece of fabric which happened to be a bit of dupioni silk I have. NOT going to happen in silk!   But at this point I was just looking for the idea of it. Out came the clips.  And I knew I found my answer.  But what kind of fabric did I want to use? 
 I had nothing on hand that struck my fancy.
Wait!  What a great excuse reason to go SHOPPING! :-)

I found this sweet fabric that to me said Shabby Cottage.
Funny "think" happened on the way to being a "stool skirt".

As I ironed the backside I realized I liked the back even better than the front!
I do that a lot.  Call me weird.  But to me it looked even more shabby-licious. 
Do you agree?  Soft and cottage and shabby looking, right?

Flirty and feminine.  Not boring now!


Still functional but now fabulous! 
 If I do say so myself. LOL

 In response to a digital challenge for Digital Whipser, a Ning group I belong to I thought I would share this digital ATC I created last night .  Absolutely not my typical shabby style  But it does prove Gail CAN think outside the box as she always encourages those at Mind Wide Open to do! :-) 


It was fun and it was relaxing.  Just what I needed.

Happy Wednesday everybody!

post signature

6 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

Oh my....this is gorgeous! I wish I lived closer...I would snap it up in a heartbeat! Beautiful work Gail!

(LOVE THE ATC Too!)

LuLu♥

Bunty said...

What beautiful material Gail and so much shabbier inside out! What a brainwave!

Great digital atc by the way - something I have never tried.

Hugs.

Barbara

suepelletierlaughpaint said...

hi gail ! ohhh i love this!!! so cute! the fabric is fab!


so wish your shop was closer to me!

Linda M. said...

Gail,
The stool is marvelous. Love the idea, the fabric,and the look.

I can visualize the lady in the ATC sitting on the stool to tie her tap shoes and I can hear "Puttin On The Ritz" playing in the backgroud. :')

slommler said...

Love the stool! The fabric is the perfect solution!! And your ATC is fabulous!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Diane said...

Really, really lovely! No more boring!
Diane