Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Before and Afters from the Worktable


A few projects I've been working on.

A perfectly cute little kids chair, not a thing wrong with it.

But I wanted it fit for a princess.  A fairy princess.




Then there was this sad little vintage telephone table.

We weren't even sure if that was actual paint on the piece as it had some strange qualities.

Now it's no longer sad.




When I was finished with photos and came back outside to bring in the table here is what I found.


Never let a good spot go to waste!

Happy Wednesday my lovely bloggettes!
My siggy is acting wonky today but I still  can say

Sweet southern smoochies!

10 comments:

Kim said...

Yep, I like the chair!! Adorable! Not to mention I already like the telephone chair. ;-)

TwoHeartsPath said...

I love both projects!! What Princess wouldn't love that chair, and I think I might be able to talk for hours sitting in that telephone chair and the Cat in the last picture just tears me up!!! Too funny...They love any cozy cubby's they can find!!
Patti

Linda M. said...

Gail,

The kiddy chair is fit for a princess. I do really, really, love that little fairy riding on a butterfly.

The telephone table is cute too especially since it comes with a kitty. I hope the paint was dry. lol

Martha Lever said...

These pieces of furniture are SO darling, Gail. I love them! And the kitty in the little nook is so precious.

slommler said...

I have a Telephone bench just like that one. I reupholstered the seat with vintage material and painted the piece white. I tiled the top! No cat in mine though...just phone books! Ha!
Hugs
SueAnn

Lori Katies Rose Cottage said...

Gail ~
Super cuteness !!
I love both projects ~
Your talent is awesome !

xoxo
Lori

Lynn said...

Looks like Minnie has deemed this pretty princess furniture for herself :)

Don't keep reminding me I have to get my chairs painted Gail *giggle* It could be next Spring the way I am going because I won't be doing it during the winter :)

Anonymous said...

Love the ruffles and black fur.

dogsmom said...

Am I the last one to discover this Fairy music? Have heard it several times this weekend and am loving it. (Is there an album?)
The furniture redos are wonderful but thank you for the smile Minnie brought to my face.

Lorraine @ creativedaily said...

Love the transformation of these pieces! Those little paws are something too! Thanks for your kind comment on my blog.