Sunday, September 19, 2010

Catching UP

There has been a lot going on here this past week that has kept me away from the blog.  But things are now calming down and resuming a sense of normalcy.  We had to rush my dad to the hospital early in the week after a mix of low oxygen level, high temperature and a sugar level to high for someone who has no diabetes.  But dad came home Thursday with a diagnosis of pneumonia on top of an incurable lung disease (which we knew about) and he is now most likely locked into wearing oxygen 24/7, which does not a happy poppa make.  I do want to say that the men and women who work as EMT's are heroes in my eyes.  Thank you!  Dad isn't tops but he is much better and for that we feel blessed and are very thankful.

And I have been working on a new online class!  And it's not digital! LOL  Come play with me!

Fabric and Lace
Composition Journal
Starts Oct. 18, 2010


This workshop is all about options and a blend of mixing process and project.
Keep the composition journal for yourself or present it as a fabulous gift to someone special!
Love fabric? Love lace? Now is the time to indulge that passion! Use up pieces and scraps you already have or use this class as an excuse to buy even more fabric or to take that trip to the flea market you've been putting off!

Modern and contemporary or vintage and antique...it's your choice.
Love jewel tones or muted aged colors...it's your choice.
Use the images I provide or your own...it's your choice.

Print on fabric? I show you how but you don't have to...again...I give you choices.

Your journal will not be a replica of mine but truly your own as you weigh your options and make your choices throughout the workshop. I will give you things to think about as I discuss the thought processes and inspiration behind the creation of this journal. You will accompany me every step of the way as I travel from those thought processes to the finished journal.
If you have never created a journal like this before, or even never created anything before, I will hold your hand and take you through each and every step. I'd rather give you to much information than not enough. My video camera looks right down on my worktable, with just a couple exceptions where I have to move the camera. It will be like you are sitting in my chair with lots and lots of close up views.
Since the workshop is an ongoing class with no take down date, some of you might prefer to watch the videos before you decide on supplies since I stress options. You probably have most of the supplies already in your studio stash.

We are going to learn to print on fabric and some sewing is used in this workshop but they are truly options. If you don't sew, or prefer not to print on fabric I offer alternatives and everything, with the exception of the decorative stitching, can be accomplished with glue.

Come join me on a fun journey where we are going to rip, cut, stitch, burn, age, print and glue our way to the very end and create something beautiful and fabulous!

Class is $45.00

post signature

3 comments:

Diane said...

Gail, I had wondered where you disappeared to. I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. Getting older is no fun at all. God bless him and you for your love for him. I wish I had my Dad with me, even for these kinds of things....

Lovely project! I wish you well with your class and am glad to see you back.

Hugs, Diane

dogsmom said...

As our parents age we learn a whole new set of rules for living and meet another set of people, many in emergency and medical fields.
I hope he is doing better and life stays calmer for you for a bit.

Judith Tetley said...

Hi Gail, love your blog! Could you tell me how many weeks the 'Fabric & Lace' Journal will run over? I am going away for the whole of November and am wondering if it would finish before Christmas.
Kind Regards
Judith
http://creativestudio10.blogspot.com