Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Chandelier and Lace



Some of you may have seen this earlier post about the black garbage bag full of lace and doilies and such that I purchased from a retiring antique dealer friend of mine.

For those of you who left comments and sent emails, interested in purchasing some of these goodies I wanted to let you know I haven't forgot.

We have finally managed, in between everything else going on around here, to at least get most of  them cleaned.

And I'm trying to figure out some kind of system in sorting them.

 These are ones I still have left to clean.

Then once I get that all processed through my brain, I will figure out the best way to package and price them.  So don't give up hope on me...I just don't seem as fast these days as I used to be.  :-)


This baby has been hanging in my basement and travelled around with us in several moves waiting to be transformed.  And finally, finally I have brought it to the light of day and Mr. Shabby has determined that it is all in working condition and just needs a face lift.

So out came some ideas I'm still processing.  Hopefully she will be done before to long.

Keep your eyes peeled for my announcement later in the week about our Annual Anniversary Sale and Giveaway coming soon to a computer near you!

Last I heard, it was Tuesday, so Happy Tuesday dear blogging friends, I hope yours is being wonderful for you!
post signature

10 comments:

slommler said...

The laces are so beautiful! And that chandelier is amazing!! Can't wait to see what will become of it!!
Hugs
And Happy Tuesday to you
SueAnn

Shirley said...

I love old things and your laces are so pretty. I will be watching to see your progress. I gave my son the tv and I got the computer so I will do some catching up on reading and commenting tonight for a while. Have a great day. Your Missouri Friend.

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh this lace is breathtaking!!! And I LOVE the chandelier...I was just telling my husband how I want one like that so I can put those mini lamp shades on it!!! And here it is on your blog--I'm so excited for you!
Cindy
xo

meandering pearl said...

so many beautiful things!!!

Linda M. said...

Hello Gail,
That is a lot of lace to clean. I like all the bits and pieces you have sitting out with the chandelier, can't wait to see what you do. An anniversary sale and give away? Can't wait! It's now a day later so have a wonderful Wednesday!!

sistersoftheart said...

Good things come to those who wait (hopefully - LOL!). The chandelier is darling & love the goodies sitting beside - will they find their way into lighting?
Patte

Sandi said...

I had to check out your blog after seeing your bird nest/cloche tutorial in Vintage Charm magazine. I love it. I am in the process of making my own and will use a nest also. Thanks for the inspiration!!

I was blown away when I saw your chandy. I have one EXACTLY like it, but it is all painted white and has the Rachel Ashwell blue and white rose shades. I purchased it several years ago at an antique store and I asked hubby then if I bought it would he hang it...YES he said. Well...it still sits around and I just may have to sell it at some point. Can't wait to see what you do with yours!
Blessings~

Diane said...

Gail, gorgeous digital compositions in your below post! And yes, we're all waiting for the announcement of the lace sale! ;-)
Hugs,
Diane

Tammy said...

Oh I do love your treasure of laces. How fun! I also cannot wait to see how you transform that chandelier. I like some of the materials you have lying beside it. I assume that is your inspiration pallet. Looking good. A bit of texture and natural materials with a bit of bling. God love our husbands for putting up with all of our finds, moving from one place to another just waiting to become a piece de resistance.
hugs,
Tammy

Lynn said...

Ohhhh my goodness, one of my favorite things is old laces. So nice of you to wash them too Gail, I have purchased some before and it stunk so bad. When I sold vintage linens at my Rose Cottage shop I washed and ironed all of them first, I don't like that moth ball smell LOL

Can't wait to see what you do with the chandelier, I know it will be beautiful :)