Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Creating Vintage Charm & Vintage Snowmen

Have you seen this new magazine yet? 
brings you "Arts and Designs for Pretty Living"

I received my copy in the mail yesterday and I was so pleased with the articles, inspiring ideas and gorgeous eye candy.  And if you visit their blog I see they are sponsoring a Challenge Contest with prizes!
I'm also proud to have contributed a tutorial to their first issue


and to discover I am in such fine company too.
If you get chance, order a copy and then sit back and enjoy!

And while we are on the subject of vintage charm....


Have you seen our new class by Sue Pelletier? 
It's called Vintage Snowmen
 

Learn how to use modeling materials to create snowmen with a vintage flair. Sue will use bottles, found objects, garland and glitz to create whimsical snowy treasures! You  will also explore Celluclay and create paper mache snowmen nestled in vintage silver cups, creamers or bowls. These bottle snowmen were featured on the winter 2008 cover of Cloth Paper Scissors magazine, causing a "flurry" of activity! Just in time for the holidays!

I'm already thinking, hmmm, wouldn't these be cute additions to my antique space at the Corner Nest, and then my brain went into overdrive thinking how I could present these when snowman time is over. 

 I would say run, don't walk, because I've seen the videos for the class and this is going to be one of those workshops you walk away from saying, wow was that a BLAST!!  And it a great price too!  Remember our videos are available 24/7 so you can refer to them over and over when you need to.

So let's get our creative hats on and have some fun!
Happy Wednesday my wonderful Blogging Friends!


post signature

8 comments:

Rita @ TesoroFino.com said...

Love your creativity; thank you for inspiring me today!

LuLu Kellogg said...

I love these Snowmen!

I have not seen that magazine but will see if I can pop over to their Blog and get a subscription. Looks like there is a lot of eye candy!

LuLu~*xoxo

QueenBe said...

That magazine looks like it is right up my alley.... thanks for the info, now I am off to check out that blog!

Lynn said...

I wonder if I can get this magazine here in Canada, I will have to look at Chapters which is like your Barnes and Noble. Congratulations for being published in what looks like a delightful inspiring magazine Gail :)

Linda M. said...

Congratulations Gail on having another creation published, I ordered my copy tonight. An unusual publication, made to order. Looks interesting, and I think I want to take part of the challenge. Thanks.

Linda

slommler said...

Thanks for the heads up on the mag. Congrats on your article being published as well! Very cool!
Hugs
SueAnn
PS Love the snowmen!!

Lorraine @ creativedaily said...

I'll have to check out this magazine. Snowmen class sounds fun so will pop over and check that out too. Thanks Gail.

In the Light of the Moon said...

Gail,The magazine and blog look amazing!!How wonderful to be part of such a thrilling project.The Snowman are just precious!!I love them!!Happy Thursday!!Cat