Saturday, November 6, 2010

I'm Back! With Bottles!

Okay comptuer problem is fixed and the new computer almost ready. Yay!
Being computer limited actually was a blessing in disguise this past week.  It forced me into the studio to distance myself  from my computer frustrations.  And a flurry of creation took place!


Some of you know I love bottles and that I've been decorating and selling them for quite some time. And I love a good bottle class.When my friend JoAnna of Mosshill Studios offered her soldered bottle class in the Spring of 2009 I was there front and center and I posted some of my soldered bottle creation here on the blog.

A couple years ago I saw Zinnia's bottles in a mutual Ning group and was taken with her bottles and her beautiful color palettes and textures.  You know I am a layers and texture kind of girl!  So when in all my surfing I somehow ran across information leading to a Ning site called Roses on My Table a few weeks ago I had to investigate (you know I love flowers too).  I was thrilled to see it belonged to Zinnia and she was teaching her Mixed Media Bottle online!  Oh joy joy!  I signed up on the spot.

But until this week I hadn't allowed myself any creating time.  As I said, blessing in disguise.  Zinnia's class is wonderful!  Her videos are clear and plentiful and her voice is sweet.  Her generous teaching style is right up my alley as she gives you plenty of information and shows you step by step exactly how to do everything and then some.  Zinnia offers quite a bit on her site, she has classes, she has swaps, even for youngsters, and her Information Library (R.A.I.L.) consists of brand new monthly videos and resource updates and absolutely worth the reasonable fee for a year long of videos and techniques. 
Tell her I sent you. ;-)  She's a sweetheart!

Here are some close ups of the bottles (above) I created this week.





The next three bottle are only 3 inches tall.



I had a BLAST!

Happy Saturday my lovlies...can you believe it was snowing here just a bit ago.  Unusually early, even for us here in the mountains.



post signature

21 comments:

Carola Bartz said...

These bottles are gorgeous!!! So creative.

LuLu Kellogg said...

Oh my goodness...SNOW! Ack!

These bottles are gorgeous! I can't pick which one is my favorite!

LuLu~*xoxo

Angela said...

Hello Gail, the bottles are stunning, I love them, they will look so nice on a dressing table, you are so creative.
Thanks for sharing.
Greetings, Angela.

Chris said...

Wow Gail, your bottles are gorgeous. I'm going to pop over to Zinnia's site and have a peek - who knows I may even sign up if the bank manager isn't looking. lol

Chris x

Kathy said...

These are so beautiful Gail. Very lovely, as you my Dear!

Dorthe said...

Gail, dear--OH MY--they are sooo gorgeus, and I especially love the little ones,-they are fantastic, and so beautifull-so romantic, and sweet......
You are fantastic, dear.
Hugs, Dorthe

Boom said...

Hi Gail! I am so glad that you are back (twice) with old and new computers. I LOVE bottles too and I am inspired by the pictures you listed. I am also on my way to zinnia's. See ya!

Idgie said...

Omigoodness Gracious Gail! Your Bottles Are Absolutely STUNNING! I have so many questions...LOL! Are these bottles you will/do actually use or are they for display only. I see a wide array of materials were used and different sizes and shapes of bottles - OH HOW I WANT to Try My Hand at These...Smiles...
Hugs From Laurie AKA Idgie

Jodi Ohl said...

Your bottles are fantastic--so glad you gave yourself creative time to take a class, the artwork you've created are all stunning!

Wax Beach Artist said...

Those are soooo beautiful! WOW.

Nancy said...

Those are Just Gorgeous!! Now that is what I call Eye Candy!
Nancy
coeurdalenegifts.blogspot.com

slommler said...

Love the bottles...they are all gorgeous! The muted colors and textures are fabulous!
Hugs
SueAnn

Diane said...

They're gorgeous, Gail - bohemian! They look like they must have gypsy magic potions in them for sure.
Hugs,
Diane

Sussie said...

Your bottles are absolutely gorgeous! Awesome creations!
Have a joyful sunday!

Rita A. said...

Gorgeous. These bottles are so wonderful and so inspiring. There has to be some bottles around here someplace.
Thank you so much for sharing.

Cindy Adkins said...

These are beyond breathtaking, Gail--WOW!!!!
I love them!!!
XO

Lorraine @ creativedaily said...

These are fabulous and look as if they were a lot of fun to create. Good to be away from the computer for a bit by the looks of things.

Creative Grammie said...

I don't know how I missed your blog; you have a beautiful blog! I'm now a follower.
Your decorative bottles are beautiful! I love bottles, it's even in my last name. hehehe I couldn't resist.
Hugs to you!

Motherkitty said...

How very beautiful these bottles are. Isn't it amazing how something so utilitarian can be made so stunning when someone with the skill, creativity, and full heart sets her hands to something so divine?

Glenda-TwoCoolTexans said...

Gail, these are so pretty. I love doing bottles, oh, you are making me want to quit doing Christmas presents and stuff and do bottles. Bad Gail. lol

Char said...

You are a talent and I love your bottles. All the texture and colors, eye candy and magical are the words that come to me. I look forward to seeing so much more and am off to be your latest follower, Char