Monday, November 15, 2010

A Little Story

 

We were at the Corner Nest Friday, as we usually are, bringing in inventory, moving things around and  "fluffing" in general.  We do a lot of the moving of things.  When you have a small space you have no choice because as you sell big or small pieces, holes develop and they must be filled so that everything stays nice looking. 

When we arrived I noticed one of our neighbors had moved out since we were there last week.
Mr Shabby saw my eyes roam over this space (the white part of the floor) and he immediately said "Don't even think about it".
mean ol Mr Shabby


To make a very long story short, the owner of the Nest, Robin, was upstairs to help me with an electrical issue and asked if I knew anyone who wanted to rent a space telling me how extremely reasonable rent was.  But Mr Shabby said "don't even think about it".
mean ol Mr Shabby

So I went back to work "fluffing".  Remember this chandelier I posted a while back that I was trying to decide what to do to it?


Well I figured it out, and as a lot of projects, it changed quite a bit from my first thoughts to it's final creation.


As I finished up I turned around to look for Mr Shabby.  Oh.  There he was.  Standing in the middle of the empty space across the hall looking contemplative.  I asked "what are you thinking about?"  He said,
You know, that is a reasonable price for getting more space and I'm tired of moving furniture around every week to make room for something.  It wouldn't take much to move everything, even the tent, across the hall"

So today we are going to the Corner Nest to move Shabby Cottage across the hall into a larger space.  And LOOK! I have a real wall!!!  And look at those gorgeous windows!  The light is amazing!
Such a sweet man that Mr Shabby, don'tchathink? :-)♥♥♥

Happy Monday my lovelies!  May the week be an easy one for you!
post signature

16 comments:

Rose Garden Romantic said...

How wonderful! That Mr. Shabby isn't so mean after all, is he? I'm so happy for you. Your things will looks so great in the larger space with the natural light! Have fun fluffing your new bigger booth!
Michelle

Creative Grammie said...

You're so funny! How wonderful that you'll have a bigger space, I'm sure it will look just as gorgeous as ever. Will there be pics when you're done moving? Since I live in Hawaii, I don't when I'll be in TN again; last time there was 3 yrs ago.
Love what you did to the chandelier.
TFS

Chris said...

Oh wow Gail, what wouldn't I give for a visit to the Nest and to rummage through all your beautiful items.

Congratulations on your move - at least you don't have far to go. :)

Chris x

Nanniepannie said...

Oh Gail, I'm so glad you got that space. It's perfect for your look. I remember last time I was at the Corner Nest I notice the light in that booth. You will love it...in fact you may love it so much that you'll still want to come every Friday and play. Good luck and let everyone know when it's up and running. Can't wait to see it.

Linda M. said...

Hi Gail, The new space looks terrific, good luck in moving everything. I think Mr. Shabby is your soul mate for sure. What a great guy, and to think you called him mean Ol Mr. Shabby.

The Shabby Paris Market said...

Good luck!! Nice mean Mr. Shabby!! You're so blessed Gail!! Have fun!!

CEDAR JUNCTION said...

My big move was last week and I've already sold a couple of pieces of furniture from the new, expanded booth. Tomorrow, Howard is going to help me take more things in.

I really LOVE your bird nest chandelier. It is so YOU!!

I can't wait to see your new booth. You will love all that wonderful light. :D

SMiles,
Teresa

The Painting Queen said...

awwww sweet Mr Shabby! Enjoy the light!

Lorraine @ creativedaily said...

This just cracked me up Gail! Have to get my DH to read this one. Fantastic job on the chandelier - looks lovely! LOVE that rag valance - will e you about this!

Wax Beach Artist said...

Lol looks like Mr. Shabby might just be a push-over for his love :) like my Mr. Waxi!

Cindy Adkins said...

The new space is fantastic--and oh my gosh--I am speechless over your incredible creation--wow!!!
XO

Days at Buttermilk Cottage said...

Gail,
Can't wait to visit you new space. In addition to that great white floor, huge windows(light, light and more light), you're also getting some great brick wall. Eager to see what you do with it!
Susan

Sher said...

I giggled as I read this post. You didn't mention how three of us vendors were plotting how to get rid of our neighbors so we could expand our space! Hee! I'm glad you didn't have to resort to any of the tactics discussed. LOL

Sher said...

Almost forgot - a note to your other responders: That chandelier-nest is MORE ADORABLE in "person".

Lovey said...

Oh Funny! So glad Mr. Shabby saw the light (sort of speak)...smiles! Yeah to Mr. Hubby and happy moving for you!

Pam said...

Oh Gail! I got such a lovely laugh from that post! Thank you so much. I even had to read it to the d.h. and he raised a big smile as well. They are gems sometimes aren't they? Mine has just finished helping me for about 4 or 5 days cutting out chenille, while I sewed, when I got an order for 100 shower mitts! Couldn't have done it without him I'm sure. :)) x