Friday, December 10, 2010

I'm so excited!

I've been dreaming about making this announcement for quite a while.  We all have our "art heroines" who inspire us on our journey.  I know that we all probably have more than one, and more likely, many.  One woman whose art has inspired me for quite some time now is Ms. Nellie Wortman of Early Morning Thoughts

Nellie's work is the kind of work that leaves me breathless and touched by magic.  Nellie creates more than books and everything she creates in her studio is touched with that Nellie magic, but I believe it is by her books that a lot of people know of Nellie.  I was lucky once upon a time to win one of her books in a blog giveaway.  Holding it in my hands captivated me even more and the spell was complete.

So it with a sense of thrilled honor that I can now announce Nellie is teaching a class at Creative Workshops!   Her workshop has a simple name, Altered Fabric Book, but let me tell you this...it is more than that.   Nellie passes on her tips and techniques to show you how to achieve your own sense of  magic.

Okay I'm gushing.  You know that's not something I do a lot of.  But Nellie is worth my gushing.  I love this girl!  Come take her class and you will too!





Workshop begins Jan. 14, 2011
The going price is going to be $120.00 but Nellie is generously offering a price incentive until the workshops begins.  Purchase the class up until the day the class starts and it is $90.00.  After the class begins it will go up to $120.00.  This class is worth every penney.  Grab it at a good price while you can.  Makes a great Christmas gift!
Altered Fabric Book...check it out!

And speaking of incentives we have Sue Pelletiers Vintage Snowmen workshop on sale. 20% off!


This sale will continue until January 15, 2011 and then the class will no longer be for sale but will continue to be available for those who purchase it.  So take advantage while you can.  These snowmen are da bomb!!

I hope you have sparkling Christmas parties you're looking forward to this weekend and just plain enjoying the season!

FaLaLaLaLa...La..La..LA..LA!


post signature

6 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

How wonderful! No wonder you were excited!!!

Merry Merry Sweet Gail!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

Lisa said...

Nice post Gail..i agree Nellie is very talented and I'm sure her workshop will be well attended and Sue's snowmen truly capture the spirit of the season. Happy holidays to you!

slommler said...

That is terrific! Nellie's books are amazing and that she is teaching and sharing her techniques is fabulous! I can see why you are excited!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Susan Tuttle said...

have fun -- those snowmen are adorable!

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

Lovely books. Looks like a fun workshop - I think I'll put it on my holiday wish list!

Of course, I still haven't attempted to create the little treasures from my last Creative Workshops event. But I have a tidy little file folder with all the lessons, ready for me to have the time and inclination

Gerushia's New World said...

Gail:

I believe it is always a gushworthy thing when you are humbled by an artist that you admire! It is a great thing!!

Kim
Gerushia's New World