Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I received an Email

I like to get emails  in regards to the Creative Workshop site and the Shabby Cottage Studio store.  It helps me gauge where we are, where we need to go, what we need to improve and what we are doing right.  It is one reason I have a contact button here on the blog, one in the store and of course at Creative Workshops and I can also be contacted through Facebook.  In regards to contact from you...I am easily accessible and the only way I would have it.  If I still had a brick and mortar store you would be able to walk through the door and converse with me in person but this is the best we can do online.  So never hesitate to say Hey Gail...!

This email says it better than any hype I can put out there.  It truly speaks to why I run Creative Workshops as I do.  Reprinted with permission from the author.


Gail,
I just want to take a moment to tell you how much I appreciate your workshop(s) and the fact that they're open-ended. It is extremely helpful to come back again and again as I learn and improve my skills with Elements. You are much better than a book to those of us who are visual, where we grasp better by seeing how something is done.

As e-workshops grow and change, I didn't realize how valuable an open-ended workshop is until I signed up (somewhere else) for a workshop that had an end date. I didn't get nearly as much out of it, not to mention there's no going back for reference material. It was a mad rush to gather the materials and hurry through the videos--like cramming for a final exam. In the future I will think long and hard before spending my money on a workshop with a deadline.

So again, thank you!! I look forward to more Creative Workshops. All the best in 2011.

Lisa

January is the perfect time for a class! 
 Especially if you live in an area like I do and often get snow bound.  What better way to spend a snow day than learning a new skill or technique!
This Friday, Jan. 14, Nellie Wortman's class Altered Fabric Book begins at Creative Workshops!

And when the class begins so ends Nellie's special promotion price of $90.00 and the class will then be $120.

So if you are interested in the class then take advantage of this great price break.  Nellie has had a great  response already and students are waiting at the door for class to start.  
I will be there and I hope to see you in class too!

Happy Tuesday Lovlies!
xoxo
post signature

2 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

Gail, that letter said it all. Open ended workshops are wonderful so that we can go back and refer to them. That is the thing I appreciate most about Creative Workshops too!

Lovie Lovie!
LuLu~*xoxo

Sandra L. said...

I know how frustrating those closed classes can be! So I do appreciate the open-ended type. You certainly are offering a lot of tempting classes right now...Off to check them out!