Saturday, February 5, 2011

An Exciting Announcement!

Oh my goodness I have been busier than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs! LOL
But it has all been a GOOD busy!  I've been sitting on this for months and boy was that hard not to share with my lovely blogger friends.  But details had to be worked out and organized and implemented.  So I bit my tongue and kept working hard here behind the scenes to do my part in this new venture.  I was so busy behind the scenes yesterday as we finally went live that I didn't even get a chance to write this post! LOL

Maybe you've notice the adorable new badge at the top right of my sidebar. 
And she's right here too.
Isn't she a cutie?

BWS tips button

How many times have you wished you could go to a live Art Festival where you would have access to quality workshops with fun projects, get to choose from a variety of  teachers for a class you would like to take, to actually be able to talk and ask questions of the teachers and even shop their artwork?   And how many times have you told yourself, "well it's a nice dream anyway" ?
I've been to a few over the years, and I for sure get that no matter how exciting these events are, these days my budget puts the ka-bosh on these lovely dreams. 
And what of those who have health issues, don't like to fly, or drive long distances or live in another country!?

Well, Cristina Zinnia Galiher of  Roses on My Table and I have come together in collaboration to bring the Art Festival right to your computer!  We are gathering artists diverse in their talents and bringing them to you in the first ever online art festival/retreat/convention.  We are calling it
Artful Gathering.

So please check out the Artful Gathering blog. You can see not only the list of teachers we have on board so far but a slide show of their amazing talents!

And please, help yourself to the Artful Gathering badge for your blog or website...
we want to spread the word that the
Gathering is coming!!!

I am wishing all of you, my lovely blog friends, a happy weekend.  If you are in the midst of the bad weather roaming around the country, stay warm, dry and above all else safe!
♥♥♥

post signature

13 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

I always say I have been busier than a cat in a litter box!!

I am really excited about this. I just posted it on my sidebar and I am off to sign up!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

Chris said...

Hi Gail, I registered yesterday and can't wait for the BIG event to start. I have the badge on my blog. :o)

Sandra L. said...

I too have been to several art retreats, but I'm not sure I can afford to go to any this year. So your retreat maybe just what the Art Doctor ordered!

Your little girl icon is really sweet!

P.s. My personal favorite expression for "busy" is "busier than a one-legged man in a butt-kickin' contest". LOL

Linda M. said...

Hi Gail, I'm excited. I already signed up and I posted that really really cute adorable button on my side bar. Now all I have to do is save some money to take classes and shop!!!

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh, this is fabulous, Gail!!! What awesome news!!!
XO

Lisa said...

congratulations Gail.. you are hard to keep up with! It's nice to see you taking the whole workshop idea to the next level.. i'm sure it will be a smashing success and your button is adorable and very eye catching!

NANCY LEFKO said...

Gail, best wishes and huge hugs for you as you embark on this new adventure!

Donnie said...

I'll be stopping by to see all the wonderful creations. It sounds like a wonderful event.

Dianne said...

I was going to check out the Artful Gathering blog and your link didn't work.

slommler said...

What a wonderful new journey you have begun! Sounds exciting and I will go and check it out!!
Hugs
SueAnn

creatingme said...

oh my goodness, I am loving your blog. LOVING. Oh, happy me for finding you!!!

DogsMom said...

This is an exciting announcement. Thank you for brightening up my day. Thanks also for giving us time to save up and clear some time for serious "don't bother me" personal mom-on-computer time.

I will be helping to spread the word.

Lovey said...

Oh this is awesome Gail!!