Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Freebie for You & Other News

Happy Sunday Beautiful Bloggers.
This morning winter made an abrupt return.  I knew this would happen, because a.) we do live in the mountains b.) it is still officially winter and c.) there is always Murphy's law to contend with. 
 I am concerned for all the growing things that started to bud during our unusually warm month of February.  I had just remarked a couple hours ago to Mr. Shabby that our Willow tree was really starting to turn green.  Now we have big, wet flakes and the ground is turning white.  Hopefully it won't last or stay long.  I mean, this girl is ready for SPRING!

I was playing in my Photoshop Elements this morning with a tool I have not used a lot, called Transform.  It allows you to skew, distort and play with perspective.  I wanted to see if I could create a "floor".  I got so excited I ended up creating a whole scenario for my floor.  And I'm sharing it with you. 
Right click on the image and then save to your computer.
I will also add it to the Free Iamges page.  You do know about that page right?  Over in the sidebar scroll down until you come to the button of a birds nest that says Freebies.  Click on it and help yourself.

I actually got to the work table last week for a few moments.  I had a can of this spray frost effect I wanted to try and I had a small clear bottle.  From the SCS store I had a package of  inchie Memory Frames.  I dug around in my vintage lace stash and this is what I came up with.



We are bringing a NEW class to Creative Workshops!
Interactive Altered Book starts March 28 and taught by Dawn Meisch.

You will learn to create pop ups, pockets, spinning wheels, hidden flap and other moveable parts.
The class is $40.00. 
Our classes at Creative Workshops are some of the best priced video classes around!

And just this past Tuesday Julee Herrman's class Soldering With Heart started, and they are soldering their little hearts out, so come on by and join in the fun. 
Sign up for a class...or two. 
You know you want to.

  I have gotten a lot of emails asking me about Pam Carrikers Visual Journalism 101 workshop.  For those of you asking, Pam is bringing this retired class back one last time.  At Artful Gathering 2011!  So this truly is your last chance to get in on this workshop before it is truly gone forever.  But you HAVE to register for Artful Gathering in order to purchase a class when they become available for the event.  If you haven't heard about Artful Gathering then jump on over to http://www.artfulgathering.com/ and read all about this amazing event.  You will not want to miss it.

Last, but not least, if you have been thinking about Pam Carrikers Journal 365 workshop, registration closes the end of March.  The class then stays open for one more year for anyone who has purchased the class by the end of March 2011. Once the registration closes, the class will no longer be available.  Pam shares some fun teachniques for journaling in this workshop.
So that's it for me and my news this snowy Sunday afternoon.  I hope wherever you are, you are warmer than me!
post signature

7 comments:

kathy mc said...

Love what you did in photoshop. sounds like some great classes are coming.

Rhonda said...

I need to spend some time catching up on your blog posts. You have some wonderful tips and information.

Lovely photoshop work!

Lana said...

Your photo shopped photo is lovely!
I need to take time and learn some of those things, too. I usually do a quick edit and that's that, but as you have shown us, there's so much more you can do. Thanks! :)

Terri said...

Beautiful projects Gail, thanks for sharing!

Pearl said...

Absolutely love your vintage bottles that you created. So beautiful.
Always enjoy my visits.
Take care.

Denise said...

Hi, My first visit with you.I love the photo of the lady by the door,thank you for sharing her.I do alot of fabric collages.I'm tired though of trying transfering photos to the fabric so I was thinking, I wish I could just use paper.I've seen a few people just glue thier photo to card board then glue cardboard to fabric,sounds heavy.I'm a vender in a shop.Do you have other ideas?

Denise said...

your next follower will be 500.Congrats to you,I'm 499